Re: AJAX vs. Xforms

Le lundi 31 octobre 2005 à 06:58 -0500, Elliotte Harold a écrit :

> Vincent Berger wrote:
>
> > May be, your tennis is better than your google search for "xforms
> > plugins"  :-)
> > Are you serious ?
>
> Abso-fucking-lutely.
>
> Plugins that aren't installed on users' desktops are as useful to a web
> developer as food sitting on an Albertson's shelf in Arizona is to a
> starving person in Kashmir.

People are not so stupid. They know how to install plugins.

> Frankly I'm being generous. There's only one plugin that's even close to
> useful, and that's closed source for one browser on one platform. Until
> recently it was payware on top of that.
>
> AJAX succeeded because it already worked in users' browsers without any
> extra effort on their part. If XForms ever reaches that level of
> availability, then it might be useful. Until then it's relegated to the
> intranet at best, and usually not even that.

Well, nobody will go on the moon with a red spaceship because somebody
succeeded with
a white one.
Sounds like a boring sitting room discussion.

--
Vincent Berger <vincent.berger@afp.com>
Agence France-Presse

This e-mail, and any file transmitted with it, is confidential and  intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please  contact the sender and delete the email from your system. If you are  not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy  this email.

For more information on Agence France-Presse, please visit our web site at http://www.afp.com