From: Chaudhuri, Hiran (Software AG) [mailto:g.s31d05b@lfstad.bayern.de]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 1:05 AM
To: Www-Forms (E-Mail)
Subject: AW: Wizards in XForms

Hi there.

Although I managed to build a wizard with the solution suggested by Micah,
there is a case I cannot cover:

It was no problem to create a switch statement containing several case
statements, one for each wizard page. Also the buttons I inserted could
switch from page to page. What I wrote looks a bit like this:

<xforms:switch xforms:initial="screen1">
  <xforms:case xforms:id="screen1">

<!-- Here goes XForm code for the first page -->

    <xforms:button>
      <xforms:caption>Next</xforms:caption>
      <xforms:action>
        <xforms:toggle xforms:case="screen2"/>
      </xforms:action>
    </xforms:button>
  </xforms:case>
  <xforms:case xforms:id="screen2">

<!-- Here goes XForm code for the second page -->

    <xforms:button>
      <xforms:caption>Previous</xforms:caption>
      <xforms:action>
        <xforms:toggle xforms:case="screen1"/>
      </xforms:action>
    </xforms:button>
    <xforms:button>
      <xforms:caption>Finish</xforms:caption>
      <xforms:action>
        <xforms:submitInstance xforms:submitInfo=".."/>
      </xforms:action>
    </xforms:button>
  </xforms:case>
</xforms:switch>

What I cannot cover with this is jumping over pages if some conditions are
met. Imagine a wizard displaying this page:

| You may choose the simple (automatic) procedure, |
| or the verbose if you know what you're doing.    |
| What do you want to do?                          |
| (o) simple                                       |
| ( ) verbose                                      |
|	[Previous]	[Next]                           |

Here I'd like to skip the verbose pages and continue with default values
(which are already entered in the model). The question is: How does XForms
specify a switch to the according page depending on instance data (or field
state, respectively)?

Hiran