RE: GET should be encouraged, not deprecated,in XForms

Shouldn't we shy away from letting users bookmark
queries that are generated from forms anyway? It's
inherently dangerous since not all GET requests are
stateless and some rely on references to transient
server data structures (e.g. the well known "session
id")

Many sites, such as Dejanews/Google used to provide a
link on the generated query results page that said
"Click Here to Bookmark these results" and would
include a specific A link that the user could
right-click on and bookmark.

Moreover, Web developers need a way of indicating in a
page whether the page's URI is bookmarkable or not,
that way browsers could prevent users from trying to
bookmark unbookmarkable pages.

I'm more of the philosophy that if I want a database
query results page to be bookmarkable, I'll provide a
link and some explanation on that page as to how to
bookmark it, especially since session ids, auth
tokens, etc in URLs today are pretty common.

Perhaps this is something the W3C should take up and
create a working group on bookmark semantics.

In the mean time, I kind of agree with Paul that we
should have some legacy support for those whose
application servers can't deal with postxml yet, on
the other hand, it should be deprecated as in "don't
use this unless absolutely neccessary and you know
exactly what you are doing, otherwise, use postXML"

In fact, people who use GET today with HTML forms are
bound to run into trouble if they don't know what
they're doing.