From: AndrewWatt2001@aol.com [mailto:AndrewWatt2001@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 5:51 AM
To: www-forms@w3.org
Subject: Re: New WD, Section 2.7 Complete Document

roman.huditsch@hico.com writes:

Reading the new WD, I noticed that in the example in Section 2.7 there
are some brackets missing. I think that

   relevant="my:payment/@as == 'credit'"

should be replaced by

   relevant="my:payment/[@as == 'credit']"

as it is written in section 2.5.
But I must confess that I didn't try wheater it would work in that way,
too.

Hi Roman,

I think there are errors in your suggested correction, as well as in the new
WD

First it is, as I understand it, illegal in XPath to follow a "/" with a
predicate.

Second the use of "==" as an equality test is not an XPath 1.0 construct, to
the best of my knowledge. In XPath "=" is used and I think the WD needs to
be corrected in that regard, since I understand the intent is to follow
XPath 1.0 syntax.

Andrew Watt