Von: Roland Merrick [mailto:roland_merrick@uk.ibm.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 2. Dezember 2002 12:07
An: Roman Huditsch
Cc: www-forms@w3.org
Betreff: Re: Bindings to non-existing instance:data

Greetings Roman, the section describing the xforms-form-control-initialize Event describes what happens.
[ http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/slice4.html#evt-formControlInitialize ]

There are two basic situations which can lead to there being no instance data node for the UI element to bind to.

1) No <instance> was supplied in which case an instance data node will be created when the UI element is initialised.
2) There is an <instance> but there is nothing for the UI element to bind to, in this case the UI control should behave as if it was bound to a non-relevant node.

Regards, Roland

	"Roman Huditsch" <roman.huditsch@hico.com>
Sent by: www-forms-request@w3.org

02/12/2002 10:25