From: T. V. Raman [mailto:tvraman@almaden.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 7:08 AM
To: werner.donne@re.be
Cc: www-forms@w3.org
Subject: RE: Managing Validation Error Messages

I probably do too to an extent.

However, please understand that the XForms 1.0 design had to take the middle
ground between two extremes -- do everything with XML Schema vs not use XML
Schema at all.

All said and done, we've
probably picked a decent middle ground (of course, this is an entirely
subjective opinion)-- but at this point I think the real test is how much
can be done with the XForms 1.0 design --rather than what cannot be done.

We need to get XForms 1.0 in real use in the hands of real users before
going the next mile
--this will also give us a good sense of what we need to address in the 2.0
timeframe.

--
Best Regards,
--raman