Re: XForms WD 20010608 - inconsistencies in <caption> and <help> elements

cassandra@mozquito.com writes:

> In defense of the Working Group, I think the whole group is very aware
> of the fact that the current XForms spec is far from perfect.This is not
> because they haven't been trying to make it perfect either (I sit across
> from Josef and I can see how much time and effort he puts into this
> along with the others!).
>
> There are many inconsistencies but remember  - this is a Work In
> Progress. The working group is probably very appreciative of the effort
> that the people on this list make to understand what the WG has written.
> Your input and experience is invaluable in helping these guys see things
> that perhaps they wouldn't see because they are so close to it.

Hi Cassandra,

What I was posting wasn't intended to be critical. I understood the primary
purpose of the list to be gather feedback from those outwith the W3C WG
process on the draft as it stood. I was simply trying to say that factually
there was an inconsistency.

We all come at these things from different angles. Currently I am writing
something on XForms and found quite a bit of difficulty joining up some of
the loose ends. Sometimes that has been because I have been slow to grasp the
meaning of the WD where it has on reflection been clear. On other occasions,
as I became more familiar with the WD it seemed to me that things didn't hang
together correctly.

I think with the June 2001 WD the WG has made a lot of progress. I hope that
active feedback will help that development continue apace.

Regards

Andrew Watt