RE: Including WOFF in ACID3

From: Levantovsky, Vladimir <Vladimir.Levantovsky@MonotypeImaging.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 08:14:23 -0400
To: Mikko Rantalainen <mikko.rantalainen@peda.net>, "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
On Friday, October 22, 2010 9:14 AM Mikko Rantalainen wrote:

> I think that the real fix would be to drop the TTF requirement because
> it cannot fulfill the requirement to "be justifiable using only
> standards that were in the Candidate Recommendation stage or better in
> 2004". At least, if we think that sentence to mean that if the CR or
> higher spec does not mention TTF, then TTF does not exists.

I think that we have reached an agreement on this. Dropping TTF requirement could mean either adding a font resource to the test in an alternative format (WOFF) so that both formats remain optional and a browser supporting either one of those could pass the test (as Sylvain proposed), or removing the test in question altogether.

What is the next step?

Thank you,
Vlad