RE: Including WOFF in ACID3

The ACID3 authors picked a cut-off date: in order for a feature to be
tested, the relevant standard spec had to be stable - CR or higher, I
think - by 2004 or earlier. For something developed in 2007 and released in
early 2008 it means browser vendors had at least 3 years to implement the
relevant spec.

I'm not sure why Mikko thinks this is strictly relevant here, however, since
no spec - in 2004, before 2004 or after 2004 - ever required TTF support for
@font-face. I think what's being said instead is that ACID3 reflects the state
of the world as it was in 2008 and that's that. Back then the only cross-browser
font format available to test @font-face support was TTF.

What I find truly objectionable to this specific part of the test is that it
doesn't even check font fallback which is a fundamental aspect of the feature.
Thus IE6 only fails this part of ACID3 on file format support grounds. That's
not exactly impressive or relevant to web authors. Even 2008 web authors.

Oh well.