RE: Including WOFF in ACID3

On Wednesday, October 20, 2010 4:48 AM Mikko Rantalainen wrote:

> I agree that TTF support is not required by any spec in 2004.

And the same is true today, in 2010.

> ACID 3 should not be retroactively changed
> from the original "year 2004 specifications only" rule.

I am not aware of any such rule. The test in question was added in early 2008.

> As a result, I think possible choices are TTF only or no @font-face
> test at all.

I don't think that "TTF only" is a viable option given that we already established that TTF support is not required and that ACID 3 isn't in a position to mandate it (which is in essence what a UA has to do to pass the test).

I do agree that removing the test seems to be the best option, with the understanding that the new ACID 4 tests will be created based on the state of the art technologies being developed and standardized today.

Thank you,
Vladimir