From: Adam Twardoch (List) [mailto:list.adam@twardoch.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2010 9:17 AM
To: Sergey Malkin
Cc: www-font; www-style
Subject: Re: Shouldn't fonts embedded through @font-face be available in <canvas>?

 On 10-09-26 18:05, Sergey Malkin wrote:
> One implementation is missing from your "none" list ;). Try attached in IE9 Beta or PPB5 (replace font url with your favorite).
Aah, nice! :)

BTW, I just realized that I was wrong last night. @font-face is supported, it's just a bit tricky because the JavaScript methods that do the canvas drawing must be executed only after the embedded font has been completely loaded. This forces the web author to resort to certain tricks (put a hidden div that uses the font so the browsers loads it, then load it again using JavaScript).

So, not very reliable, yet it does work. Tested in Firefox 4, Safari, Chrome and Opera -- and I assume IE9 also supports it. Splendid!

Best,
Adam