Re: [css3 fonts] font-specific features

Richard Fink wrote:

> I simply do not think a PDF containing a written description will be as
> effective as an HTML page with a style sheet that shows exactly how these
> features are enabled. That's all.
> (And a link to such a page could certainly be contained within the metadata.
> *That* I could see as potentially being helpful.)

Which is what I suggested. The reason foundries have used PDFs until now
is that there wasn't (and still isn't just yet) a reliable HTML/CSS
option, and until now most font documentation has been targeted at font
use in page layout or word processing applications. Moving forward, as
browsers implement CSS3 font feature support, demo web pages with sample
CSS code seems the obvious way to proceed, and I don't think foundries
will need to be told this.

JH