Re: [css3-fonts] low-level font features

From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 23:11:58 -0700 (PDT)
To: Bram Pitoyo <brampitoyo@gmail.com>
Cc: www-font <www-font@w3.org>
> > […] proposed revised syntax:
> > font-feature-settings: cpsp, pkna(0);
>
> The proposed syntax would make the CSS behavior more consistent with
> the existing font-variant property draft. Do you know if
> dash-separated "friendly name" would be allowed here?
>
> So our proposed example could be typed longhand as:
> font-feature-settings: capital-spacing, proportional-kana(0)

That would be nice but there's no standard for that and nothing
in the font data that contains a name like that.  I think for
something like this to work CSS would need to define a table of
friendly names to feature tags.

The advantage of allowing simple tags is that it would work for
features registered after the CSS3 Fonts spec is completed.

Still, it's a good idea I think.

Regards,

John