Re: WOFF and extended metadata

From: James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 10:33:53 -0400
To: Laurence Penney <lorp@lorp.org>
Cc: www-font@w3.org, 3668 FONT <public-webfonts-wg@w3.org>

LP> Could you point to where these restrictions are listed? If you're
LP> talking about Ruby markup (or any angle-bracket markup), then I'm
LP> not sure why such markup would not be encoded with &lt; and &gt; and

It is from the SGML ISO standard (nb that XML /is/ an SGML profile).

I used to have a copy of either the standard or the final draft, from
back around when HTML was born, but I no longer do, so I cannot point
at the specific text.

There may also be implications to writing a valid DTD and/or RNG.

(Of course, using an s-expression instead of xml would make everything
easier....)

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6