Re: Agenda, action items and suggested WOFF changes

From: Ben Weiner <ben@readingtype.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 14:53:44 +0100
To: www-font@w3.org
Hi,

On 17 May 2010, at 13:31, Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:

> According to the WebFonts WG charter, the mission of the group "is to develop specifications that allow the interoperable deployment of downloadable fonts on the Web ... covering all the technology required for WebFonts." [1]

OK, thank you. I did feel that the discussion was drifting into long grass but I see just after the first part of text you quote, "so the main focus will be the standardisation of font formats suited to the task, and a specification defining conformance (for fonts, authoring tools, viewers ...)" so this is clearly what the W3C is expecting.

Ben

--

Ben Weiner | http://readingtype.org.uk/about/contact.html
+44 (0) 7780 608 659