RE: Agenda, action items and suggested WOFF changes

From: Levantovsky, Vladimir <Vladimir.Levantovsky@MonotypeImaging.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 07:19:48 -0400
To: Ben Weiner <ben@readingtype.org.uk>, "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
On Monday, May 17, 2010 5:31 AM Ben Weiner wrote:

> On 17 May 2010, at 10:24, Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:
>
> > Tools would not be required to restrict authors, just to inform them
> of the specific conditions.
>
> I don't understand how this comes within the scope of the W3C's work.
> You are saying that if I write a script on my machine to generate a
> WOFF it has to have an alert in it?

If the WOFF spec should say that WOFF conversion tools must check embedding restrictions and notify a user about a particular condition, then it would have to be done for a tool to be compliant with the spec. You may chose to write a script that doesn't do it, it would simply not be considered a conformant implementation.

Regards,
Vlad