Re: Next step?

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com>wrote:

> As for choosing a single format, this will not ensure interop until a large
> share
> if the browsers used in the field support it and is thus of limited
> practical use
> for real world authors.

Dealing with the legacy IE users is a separate problem that the Fonts WG can
do nothing about. The best thing the Fonts WG can do is recommend a single
font format that browsers should support going forward. Then authors can use
that and, if they wish, support legacy IE in some other manner.

Rob
53:5-6]