Re: Fonts WG Charter feedback

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>wrote:

> But then if these four browser vendors knew that their preferred solution
> was unsatisfactory to font vendors and could result in significantly reduced
> user choice for an undetermined time period - a tough and risky trade-off
> for any web technology

Maximising user choice means the most unreasonable font vendor dictates what
will be implemented. We're not going to play that game.

- then I hope they are willing to engage with said font vendors and other
> browser makers to find a solution that benefits all our users?

We are. We already said we felt pretty good about Ascender's previous
proposal. I'm not so keen on the new one...

Rob
53:5-6]