RE: Fonts WG Charter feedback

Håkon, you argue that:

Recommendation X took Y years for adoption.
Recommendation Z took N years for adoption.
Etc. etc.

It's all slower than anyone would wish.

Let's call the whole thing off.

Only.. I ask you:

How long do you expect the web to be around?
Are those delays really that big?

During those delays, didn't the rate of generation
of new content using those standards accelerate
(hence driving adoption)?  Why delay starting?

If you maintain your attitude, maybe you should
just walk away from W3C entirely.  All standards
are pointless in the sense that you describe.

-t