Re: Font embedding problem

One thing to note here is that all browsers do not support all font
formats. I do not believe that any browser support the TTF file format.
You probably want to take your OpenType font and convert it to a more
suitable format for the internet.  Both the TrueDoc format from
Bitstream (supported by Navigator) and the EOT format from Microsoft
(supported by IE) are suitable formats. I believe there are freely
available converter tools that will convert an OpenType font into these
formats. The EOT tool is called WEFT.

The size of a converted font is typically 5-20k while a complete TTF is
100-300KB, so it's definitely worth while doing. Also, you may want to
support more than one format to ensure that the font is viewable by
browsers from different vendors.

(FYI - Please note that it is not okay to link fonts to web pages unless
you have obtained an appropriate license agreement from the vendor of
the font. Some vendors manufactures fonts that may be freely
distributable with *your* documents, while other fonts may not. OpenType
fonts in particular are marked so that tools can tell if it is ok to
embed such a font or not.)

- Michael