Re: Freely downloadable font with all ideographs --> large font usage ?

Hi, Simon,

Thanks for the information! I didn't think much on the performance side.
When I played with some CJK fonts, it didn't seem too bad, but they are much
smaller than the Cyberbit one though. Here is my question on large font
usage:

If I understand correctly, anytime I use a font, the entire font file is
loaded into the memory space, which potentially hurts the performance if the
font is too big. For Unicode font that contains more than one native
character set, is there any way to load part of the font for a specific
native character set, instead of loading it entirely? Or maybe the API
already handles it that way? I'm thinking in terms of rendering a Unicode
encoded document, with a specific language tag defined in it. It seems that
using a large font carrying all native characters could be helpful since it
doesn't require collection of font files for every native character set.

Thanks,
Sam
ssun@cnri.reston.va.us

PS.
I'm not sure if the question fits in this list, if not, please advise. And
thanks to everyone for responding my earlier question!