Re: Protecting WebFonts

From: The Hoefler Type Foundry <hoefler@typography.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 96 10:24:14 -0000
cc: <www-font@w3.org>
>I don't know any company that uses completely different fonts
>for their internal communication and their external
>communication. But maybe there are such companies?

Almost every company does this. There's an invisible line beneath which
the corporate style book is irrelevant; internal communication, from
correspondence to the company newsletter, is largely driven by what's
available. Awful lot of Arial being used instead of McGraw Hill Roman,
Raytheon Sans, and so on.

Whether this affects the discussion, I don't know; it seemed to me that
the firewall issue had more to do with those who access the web from
restricted environments; will this mean, for them, no reading? Perhaps
once The Great Font Server is established, some sort of SuperATMesque
font substitution system will be in order?

Jonathan Hoefler
The Hoefler Type Foundry, Inc.
www.typography.com