Re: Re[2]: pixel fonts

From: Chuck Coker <cjcoker@cris.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 11:30:56 -0700
To: www-font@w3.org
FONTBUREAU@aol.com wrote:

> >Therefore, software that embodies a
> >typeface, e.g. a digital font, is presumably also protected.
>
> Has anyone successfully pushed a copyright application throught he
> copyright office in the US?

Would it be possible to print a hex dump of a font file, and copyright
that particular sequence as intellectual property?  I have seen
copyrighted books about the number pi.  It seems like pi would be
more public domain than a font would be.

Of course, if I took my favorite hex editor and changed a name like
"Adobe" to "Brick", the sequence would be slightly different.

Just a curious non-lawyer--and I say that proudly :-)

Chuck Coker
CJCoker@Cris.Com