Re: SuperATM and MM fonts instead of embedding (was Re: pixel

From: Brian Sooy <bsooy@cybergate.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 96 08:02:06 +0100
To: <www-font@w3.org>
>Perhaps Tom Rickner is right: if this is Adobe's attitude, they should just
>start embedding PageMaker and Illustrator in electronic documents and
>sending them off into the great wide world to try their luck.

Ah, but thhis IS Adobe's attitude- they've told everyone who owns a copy
of distiller that's its perfectly legal to embed Adobe et al fonts, ie
give them away

Adobe has a responsibility to build in some better embedding protection.
It's currently laughable, and currently attempts are being made to work
around it.  Not that they have the interest of course. Wha't's a few
fonts to them?

I expect PM abs PS to be a matter of time  ;-)

Brian