RE: Proposal: Font Use Modelling

From: Clive Bruton <Clive@typonaut.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 96 21:35:24 +0000
To: www-font@w3.org
Bill Hill:

>If you don't want your fonts embedded, our embedding DLL respects that. What's
>your problem?

Does your DLL work with Acrobat? How easy is it to override? How easy is it to
get a usable font from a document? Does it work with all currently available
font formats? Is the embedded data a complete and usable font, unrestricted in
any way? Does the tooth fairy leave fonts under your pillow?

Those are just a few of the problems, do you have all the answers?

You may cite legal protection to these problems at the end of the day, I don't
want legal solutions, I want technological prevention.

-- Clive