Re: Defining mutation events

I think we need someone to own this issue for Blink, and the DOM team led
by Dominic is the obvious candidate. Dominic, do you have someone who could
take a look at the situation and come up with a plan forward together with
engineers from the other engines?

FWIW, I'm skeptical about deprecation messages being able to seriously move
usage, or at least I don't think it can be the only tool if we're serious
about attempting a simplification or removal of mutation events. At the top
of my list of things to do would be to find big sites or frameworks that
use mutation events and to understand what it would take for them to
migrate. We might learn something important there, I wouldn't be surprised
if there are things missing from the web platform.