Re: [DOM3Events] Identifying mouse events derived from touch events

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 09:14:07 +0100
To: Rick Byers <rbyers@chromium.org>
Cc: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>, "public-touchevents@w3.org" <public-touchevents@w3.org>, Jacob Rossi <Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com>, Mustaq Ahmed <mustaq@chromium.org>
On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 8:35 PM, Rick Byers <rbyers@chromium.org> wrote:
> Jacob proposed a more generic 'Event.firedFrom' API which can be used to
> determine whether one event represents the same physical input as another
> type of event.  I've written up a detailed proposal here.

This API seems rather contrived. An event class is not in charge of
dispatching another event. If it is, I would like to see the
underlying model for these events that led to that conclusion.

(As far as I can tell one major problem here still is that we have not
defined the underlying model for mouse events et al. What task they
are dispatched from, which come from distinct tasks, etc.)

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/