DOMString UTF-16

From: Graham Houston <housty.g@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 15:56:46 +0000
To: www-dom@w3.org
Was pondering the requirement for UTF-16 for DOMString and it seems it
could be more beneficial if this was an implementation decision on Unicode
and not a requirement, after all UTF-8 is now the more favourable encoding
in use today not to mention its more to do with internal handling of
strings than the final overall use of those strings. How my DOM handles
Unicode inside should not affect how my DOM handles transfer encodings
overall as an API and on that grounds I see no reason for DOMString to be a
UTF-16 requirement.

??

Graham.