Re: PSA: publishing FPWD of D3E Keyboard {key,code} Values specs and WD of UI Events

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Gary Kacmarcik (Кошмарчик)
<garykac@chromium.org> wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 7:50 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>> UI Events was supposed to replace DOM Level 3 Events, not extend it.
>
> None of the UIEvents drafts have ever been a replacement for D3E. The
> UIEvent spec has always contained information to augment the core D3E spec.

And delta specifications are a terrible idea. I thought the W3C
abandoned them long ago. Philippe?

>> What happened? What's the plan for fixing DOM Level 3 Events?
>
> The plan for fixing D3E is that we're working on addressing all the
> outstanding bugs for D3E. These FPWDs for the 'key' and 'code' tables are
> required so that we can normatively refer to them in the next D3E draft
> (planned for sometime in June).

I'm interested in hearing a plan around solving
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2014Apr/thread.html#msg26
as that's the single biggest bug in the UI event picture today.
They're not defined in terms of the event loop. Are mousedown and
click in the same task? Do they perform a single hit testing
operation? Etc.

You can't really bolt that on top of DOM Level 3 Events and keeping
its legacy-style way of describing event objects around is not really
helping anyone.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/