Re: Re: Keyboard events for accessible RIAs and Games

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Wez <wez@google.com> wrote:

> The information this let's the application access is the keyboard layout
> the user has in effect, which is information already accessible via the
> Level 3 locale member of KeyboardEvent.

I was just about to make this point.  The layout information is already
available if you look at any key event.

In any case, this problem can be avoided by simply requiring the
locale/layout to be passed in as a parameter:
   window.KeyboardEvent.queryKeyCap(layout, code)
This version is also more useful since it permits the keycap for other
layouts to be queried programmatically.

But I still would like to see a getCurrentLocale (or Layout) API so that
one could write something like:
   queryKeyCap(getCurrentLocale(), code)

-Gary