Re: Deprecating Future's .then()

We are arguing about enough other issues that -- since this seems to be
controversial as well -- to avoid an avoidable argument, I will include all
three lists as you do here. However, for the record, I think this is silly.
There's nothing about this issue that is browser specific. The fact that it
is currently "implemented above the language-level", meaning I assume the
language implementation, is irrelevant. Many linguistic abstractions are
implemented first as libraries. This is a victory when it happens, as it
means the underlying abstraction mechanisms were sufficient. Over time,
some elements of some of these libraries become blessed as part of the
language. This is as it should be.

What about any of this is specific to the browser is beyond me.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM