Seeking guidance on MIDIMessageEvent design, was Fw: [MIDI] bump: Issue 1: MIDIEvent lacking constructor

The Web Audio WG is seeking guidance from the DOM WG on the design of an event driven API (Web MIDI API [1]). In particular, the Web MIDI defines a "MIDIMessageEvent" [2] (representing the receipt of a MIDI message resulting from, for example, a key on a synth being pressed).

The question that has come up is if the MIDIMessageEvent should define a constructor (similar to those defined by other *Event) in the platform (see email below).

Your guidance would be greatly appreciated. Please respond to this email or feel free to respond on Github [3] (most of the discussion around this has taken place there).

Any additional constructive feedback on the design of the API would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Marcos

[1] http://webaudio.github.io/web-midi-api/
[2] http://webaudio.github.io/web-midi-api/#midimessageevent-interface