Re: Adding `detail` to Event

On 11/28/2012 01:12 PM, David Håsäther wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi> wrote:
>
>> On 11/28/2012 12:30 PM, David Håsäther wrote:
>>>
>>> The only reason for CustomEvent is to be able to pass a `detail`
>>> object. It seems unnecessary to have a separate constructor just to be
>>> able to pass an extra object, and I would suggest that Event could
>>> take `detail` too (thereby deprecating CustomEvent).
>>
>> What is the use case for having .detail in Event?
>
> Same use case as for having it in CustomEvent, to provide custom data.
> Custom events could then use the Event constructor, instead of
> CustomEvent.
>
> --
> David Håsäther

So just use CustomEvent.

Or are you asking for .detail for all the events, so that
for example UIEvents and MouseEvents could have it too?

UIEvent has already .detail, but not the same type as
CustomEvent.detail, so we can't move .detail to Event, but perhaps
we could add some other property. .additionalData? A bit long.

But again, what is the use case?

-Olli