Re: [dom] Should the return values of getElementsByClassName/TagName/TagNameNS be HTMLCollection

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 18:12:06 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> Named getters are nice for authors, and besides, it was already pointed
>> out it's not avoidable here:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2012JanMar/0008.html
>
> That's true, but Jonas raises a good point: we should certainly not add
> a named getter to .childNodes, say.

Well childNodes as you pointed out is a collection of nodes, not a
collection of elements. I'm not sure it makes sense to expose element
collections in wildly different ways, unless we want to discourage
particular accessors.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/