Re: "DOM4 Events" Proposal (was: Spec proposals for Event constructors)

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 05:22:43 +0900, Jacob Rossi
<Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks for helping get the ball rolling on this! I think event
> constructors are a great idea. DOM4 has pioneered this for the Event
> interface [1]. However, we should do this across all event interfaces.
> So we need a spec for the remaining ones. I think this, potentially
> along with other ideas we've had in the past [2, 3], will make up a
> great new spec to extend DOM L3 Events.
>
> I've taken your suggestions and drafted them up as a part of a ""DOM4
> Events" proposal:
>
> http://html5labs.com/dom4events/
>
> I'd like to solicit feedback on what I've written so far, other possible
> features to include in scope for this proposal, and what folks think
> about bringing this in as a new specification in Web Apps. I'll start
> some threads with a couple questions I had while writing this proposal.

I do not think we should call this "DOM4 Events". That's very confusing
with the Events chapter DOM4 has. We should name this "UI Events" or some
such, similar to "Progress Events".

The whole section on Feature Detection is out of place as DOM4 explicitly
says that specifications must not have them.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/