Re: DOM Tree

On the topic of semantics, Shadow DOM is getting a little crowded; the canvas shadow dom is a part of the dom unique in that its children are essentially display: none, but can still receive focus. The "Shadow DOM" title can also apply to native form widgets, and has been exposed for WebKit authors to toy with; with great similarity to XBL2 intentions. And as I head into possible SVG a11y semantics, foreignObject may act as another shadow.

They're also called fallback content in two cases, but that's something of a misnomer, as the content is picked up for the accessibility tree.

Anyway, something to consider. We may want to call the canvas shadow dom something else, like the canvas accessibility subtree.

-Charles