Re: [DOMCore] Making event initializing easier

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 18:48:44 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jun 2011, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> Well no. You also need to define the event initialization dictionary and
>> how it maps to the event. I do not think that can be done in a generic
>> way.
>
> You have to give the IDL for the dictionary, but can't you just say that
> the dictionary fields map 1:1 with the fields of the same name on the
> event object? What needs defining?

The way it is defined now is that events have a set of concepts associated
with them and the object members return those. E.g. .bubbles "internally"
is the bubble flag. It does not make sense if the event dictionary would
refer directly to the properties. I suppose we could revamp the way events
are defined though, but I am not sure how.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/