RE: Fwd: comment on DOM 3 Events LC #2 on WebApps WG's request

From my editor perspective, I agree this sounds like goodness for DOM4 Core or by your WG. I don't think it's well-defined enough to make it in D3E at this point (folks are adding events all the time, doesn't have to be in D3E).

From an implementer's perspective, we do not have current plans to implement such events. We'd want consensus on the design, what value it adds, and the uses cases (all of which help us weigh our consideration for implementation).

I think a good way to start that would be to draft up a short proposal that outlines what this might look like. Send that to your WG's list (probably cross post with www-dom) and solicit feedback. If there's strong support, then it's likely that proposal can evolve into a spec.

-Jacob