Re: beforecut/copy/paste events ( Re: some questions regarding clipboard event / clipboard data API)

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 8:42 PM, Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com>wrote:

> This functionality is still too limited to cover all use cases. For
> example, one might want an application that handled beforepaste when the
> cursor was inside an editable element, determined by examining the
> event.clipboardData.types that the type(s) of content available on the
> clipboard were not suitable for pasting in the current location, and
> disabled the paste entry.
>
> The big question is of course whether we would get away with making before*
> events use the Event interface compatibility-wise. Opinions and experience
> here most welcome!

FWIW, I did an informal poll of people who work on editing at Google and
noone seems to use the before* events. One person mention the disabled state
in the menus, but didn't actually use it in any products. So, this seems
fine to me.

Ojan