Re: ISSUE-155 (textinput): Consider lowercasing 'textInput' event [DOM3 Events]

> On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 01:24:51 +0200, Tony Chang <tony@chromium.org> wrote:
>> I don't know of any sites that currently depend on textInput. I think
>> it's early enough in it's implementation lifetime that we can just
>> make the
>> switch in WebKit. We were trying to rename the event to beforeInput,
>> which would have been just as disruptive.
>
> Is that not an open issue as well still? Given that the input event is
> already there and the event is not just for text and is dispatched
> before the input event, I still think naming it beforeinput is the
> logical choice here.

Are you also proposing to have DOM Level 3 Events standardize the input
event?  It would be strange to have input defined by one standard
(HTML5) and beforeinput defined by another.

Once textinput (or beforeinput) is defined, is there still a strong
use-case for the input event?

Has Microsoft implemented the input event for IE9 or have they indicated
that they plan to?  It wouldn't make sense to name this event to match
the input event if the input event isn't going to be universally supported.

     David