Re: ISSUE-155 (textinput): Consider lowercasing 'textInput' event [DOM3 Events]

Doug,

That was quick action!

I was unaware, when I made the request, that Webkit-based browsers
already supported textInput in its camel-case incarnation.  What I fear,
of course, is that Apple or Google will feel that they need to keep
supporting textInput and that we'll end up with the same event being
fired twice under two different names.

Once I discovered that textInput was actually supported by Chrome and
Safari, I went ahead and used it in some example code for the next
edition of my JavaScript book.  Now I'm left wondering how to
future-proof my example so that it will continue to work once browsers
also support "textinput".

So, my concern now is to have a clean path forward for existing code.
If the webkit implementors disable textInput when they implement
textinput, then content authors today can simply register handlers for
both event types, knowing that only one or the other will be triggered.

Was there any discussion on the teleconference about how this transition
will be handled?

 David