Re: ISSUE-131 (defaultView load ): Define load event to fire on defaultView [DOM3 Events]

On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 16:31:37 +0900, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:

>>> Note: for legacy reasons, the load event does not propagate to the
>>> defaultView in HTML implementations.
>>
>> My suggestion would be something like
>>
>> Note: for legacy reasons, load events dispatched when resources inside
>> the document are loaded do not propagate to the defaultView in HTML
>> implementations. The load event for the document itself is dispatched
>> on the defaultView as described in [HTML5].
>
> Isn't that wrong? Because all events are dispatched on defaultView as
> per HTML5.

I'm not entirely sure what you think is wrong. In any case, the
clarification in my first sentence (explicitly mention 'resources inside
the document') is more important. The second sentence could for example
say "For information on how the document's load event is dispatched, see
[HTML5]."

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen, Core Tester, Opera Software
http://www.opera.com http://my.opera.com/hallvors/