Re: event.returnValue

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> What's not clear is whether event.returnValue is such a feature.  As
> long as the new browser doesn't implement a true-testing document.all, I
> suspect it would never encounter it at all.

Yeah.

Note that the HTML spec defines BeforeUnloadEvent.returnValue explicitly,
since it apparently is needed for beforeunload; it doesn't assume that
returnValue is available everywhere. If we add returnValue, or if
BeforeUnloadEvent.returnValue should not exist, please let me know so I
can update HTML.