Re: Clarification on mouseenter/mouseleave

* Joćo Eiras wrote:
>Hi gentlemen and ladies.
>
>The specification for mouseenter and mouseleave
>http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/#event-type-mouseenter
>http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/#event-type-mouseleave
>as far as I know, is the description of the first (and currently one and
>only) implementation of that same feature in any browser which is Internet
>Explorer.
>
>a)
>The spec however remarks that the event does not bubble. Well, in IE they
>do bubble. See attached testcase.

In order to test what the bubbling behavior of an event object is, if
you do not trust the value of the corresponding property of the event
object, you have to register event listeners for an element and one of
its ancestors. Your test case only registers listeners on one element,
so it does not test the bubbling behavior. Your findings are mistaken,
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2008May/0111.html
should be a proper description of how the events are implemented in IE.