Re: [DOM3Events] defaultView and event flow

> HTML5 currently defines how the Window object interacts with the DOM
> event flow. Is it the idea to move this into DOM Level 3 Events? If that
> is the case the special case made for the load event should also be made
> to apply to the capture phase. See the HTML5 text here:

Indeed, the spec shouldn't say "the load event does not bubble to the
defaultView", but "the load event does not propagate to the defaultView".
or something like that.

> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/origin-0.html#events-and-the-window-object
>

> I think if we decide to include this into DOM Level 3 Events it should
> be made normative and not just a "note" (with respect to the load event)
> as it is now.
>

> The definition of defaultView could also use some work I think. Events
> are not dispatched on interfaces after all, they are dispatched on
> objects (which implement interfaces).
I agree. defaultView is an object which implements AbstractView.

> Also note that the CSSWG is
> working on a new version of DOM Level 2 Views called the CSSOM View
> Module. (I added a proposed agenda item for TPAC to discuss support for
> views in general by the way.)
But you're not going to propose to remove .defaultView or anything like
that I hope. Using .defaultView in the D3E allows defining the "window
propagation" without actually depending on any spec which defines window.

-Olli