Re: Copy/Paste Events

I agree with Jacob. I find this part of the spec... puzzling.
Since there is currently no way to differentiate between a copy and a
dragstart, you could potentially cause unnecessary UI flicker if you
added/changed elements during dragstart and removed them during dragend to
make a visual indication that a drag was being performed.

It seems that nobody has bothered to implement this part of the spec even
when implementing Drag & Drop so it must not make sense. The pragmatic
approach would be to use something like that in IE or WebKit which are very
similar.

The difference being that, unlike IE, the WebKit model doesn't allow content
to be arbitrarily added to the clipboard outside of the dedicated events -
which I think is a good thing.

Regards,

Sebastian Markbåge