Re: DOMActivate vs. Click

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 23:16:14 +0200, Jacob Rossi <t-jacobr@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Ok. That makes sense. Given that, is DOMActivate simply left in DOM L3
> Events to support backwards compatibility with DOM L2 events? Or are
> there still use cases which it solves that other events do not?

I think the sole reason we have DOMFocusIn, DOMFocusOut, and DOMActivate is political. I'm not sure if that changed to backwards compatibility at this point, but I doubt it.

DOMFocusIn and DOMFocusOut have been retained on request of the Forms WG and for DOMActivate I do not really remember. Fact of the matter is that focus/blur/click work fine and already are platform independent and much better understood by authors of Web applications.

I'd be very happy if could consider yet again dropping DOMFocusIn/DOMFocusOut/DOMActivate.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/