Re: Mutation events

Sergey Ilinsky wrote:
> The sample scenario you provided might not be correct. I would argue
> that changes made to foo.style object should necessarily lead to the
> foo@style attribute value change, similarly to input.value property not
> leading to the change of input@value attribute etc.

Except that the DOM spec for input.value specifically says that changing
it does not change the "value" attribute, while the DOM spec for
.style.* explicitly says that the property represents nothing other than
the style attribute.

> The attribute unless modified by the means of DOM methods (such as removeAttributeNode,
> setAttributeNS etc. that will actually lead to a dispatch of
> DOMAttrModified) should preserve its value observed from markup.

That's not the observed behavior of UAs last I checked, not correct per
the DOM 2 Style spec, and not compatible with the web last I checked.

-Boris