Re: Browser implementors? Re: [dom3core] getAttribute

* Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>I'm not an Opera developer, but I'm wondering why getAttribute is
>obsolete. I'd also rather have them consistently implemented.

Using getAttribute and most other namespace-unaware methods makes your
scripts less robust; while many implementations consider getAttribute(x)
to mean getAttributeNS(null, x), this is not guranteed, so if the script
depends on this assumption, it might break at some point in some user
agent.