Re: Browser implementors? Re: [dom3core] getAttribute

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 22:56:28 +0100, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
wrote:
> * Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> I'm not an Opera developer, but I'm wondering why getAttribute is
>> obsolete. I'd also rather have them consistently implemented.
>
> Using getAttribute and most other namespace-unaware methods makes your
> scripts less robust; while many implementations consider getAttribute(x)
> to mean getAttributeNS(null, x), this is not guranteed, so if the script
> depends on this assumption, it might break at some point in some user
> agent.

Indeed, I noticed this too. I believe the same is true for
createElement(). These are also cases worthy of clarification imho.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>